TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The purpose of the Transforming Washington’s budget ideas website is to create an online forum where users can contribute to the website by 1. sharing an idea, 2. voting on ideas submitted by other users, and/or; 3. commenting on an idea that is already posted.
We welcome your comments related to the Washington State Office of Financial Management (OFM) IdeaScale website. Comments are reviewed prior to posting, generally within 24 hours.
- As an IdeaScale website user, you acknowledge that all content express the views and opinions of the author and not the site moderators. OFM is not liable for the views and opinions expressed by users on this website. To keep this website useful and interesting for all users, users agree to abide by the rules set forth below. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, do not access, browse or use this website.
- We reserve the right to change portions of this policy at any time. It is your responsibility to check the site to determine if there have been changes to this policy and to review such changes.
- You give OFM a non-exclusive, free, license for the duration of the applicable author’s rights, to publish your remarks, ideas, graphics, photographs, or other information communicated to OFM through this Site. In addition to the right to publish, OFM is also granted the following rights under this license, without limitation: (i) the right to reproduce; (ii) the right to transfer, which includes the distribution via computer and networks; (iii) the right to edit, modify, adapt, arrange, improve, correct, translate, in all or in part; (iv) the right to update/upgrade by adding or removing; and (v) the right to film, perform or post your content in any media.
Removal of content
OFM reserves the right to remove content or links if it determines that the content contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the purpose of OFM’s IdeaScale website, violates criteria set forth in this Terms for Use, or does not meet one or more of the criteria set forth below.
You agree not to transmit through the website any information, data, text, files, links, software, or other materials that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material that may violate applicable laws. You also agree not to:
- misrepresent your identity
- pose as another person
- post under multiple aliases
- promote commercial interests including unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation or commercial content
- engage in fundraising or solicit donations for a profit or not for profit organization
- infringe on copyrights, trademarks or patents
- promote spam
- post or transmit executable programming of any kind, including viruses, spyware, trojan horses, easter eggs, or any other form of computer programming
- present information from another source as your own
- violate anyone’s privacy
- access to the information in a post difficult to navigate due to non-standard formatting, lengthy download times, or intrusive advertising
Posts will be reviewed prior to publication, but to keep this experience positive, the moderator will attempt to remove objectionable material as quickly as possible. Moderators have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time. If you believe a post violates the conditions above, you can click the “Flag” button to notify an administrator. Based on these guidelines, if user website content is deemed inappropriate and in violation of the guidelines, it will either not be posted to the site or will be removed from the site.
Linking from OFM’s IdeaScale website to an external website
Using the following acceptance criteria, moderators will review every link to an external website and decide whether it is appropriate and relevant to the purpose of OFM’s IdeaScale website. An inappropriate website may include, but is not limited to a website:
- which charges a fee for products or services online;
- exhibits hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- advocates or promotes the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs;
- lobbies, advocates, or advances the policies and priorities of a particular industry, organization or enterprise. This includes sites of non-profit organizations;
- belongs to or supports a political affiliation;
- furthers the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office;
- promotes or makes available adult or sexually oriented entertainment or materials;
- promotes, opposes, or makes available weapons or gambling.
Additionally, OFM reserves the right to remove links if it determines that a website contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the purpose of OFM’s IdeaScale website, or does not meet one or more of the criteria set forth in this policy.
When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving OFM’s IdeaScale website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of that site. OFM is not responsible for transmissions users receive from external websites.
Linking to OFM’s IdeaScale website from an external website
Advance permission to link to OFM’s IdeaScale website is not necessary; however, website users should be aware that IdeaScale website sub pages may change at any time without notice. Anyone linking to IdeaScale should continuously verify links to sub pages.